[CentOS] How to properly install W*nd*ws XP along with CentOS?

Fri Apr 15 11:22:52 UTC 2005
Morten Kjeldgaard <mok at bioxray.dk>

> Can anyone give me an answer to the following?
> -Which OS can best be installed first, CentOS or XP?
> -Are there special actions required to enable proper dual booting?
> -Which boot manager can be used best CentOS' one or XP's one?

I strongly recommend you to install Windows and Linux independently on
separate disks. The trick is to make Windows believe that it is sitting
on the master drive, while it indeed is on the slave :-). See
http://www.bioxray.dk/~mok/dual-boot.html for a more detailed
description!

There are many advantages to this approach, most importantly you can
always change the setup without having to repartition *shudder*.

Cheers,
Morten

--
Morten Kjeldgaard, Asc. professor, Ph.D.
Department of Molecular Biology, Aarhus University