[CentOS] MIrrored drives won't boot after installation

Sun Apr 17 18:13:38 UTC 2005
Brett Moss <brettsspot at yahoo.com>

--- "Chris Mason (Lists)" <lists at masonc.com> wrote:
> I have a p4 motherboard with 2 ide interfaces, I
> connect 2 40 GB drives as
> hda and hdc, I install Centos 4 from a CDROM, and
> partition the drives as 2
> x raid partition each plus a swap partition on hda,
> the make md0 and md1 to
> install /boot and / respectively. Install goes well,
> everything looks great,
> go to reboot from drives, and all I get is "grub"
> but no boot. I have tried
> this ten times, doesn't seem I can get around it.
>
> I have to configure this server so that the drives
> are mirrored. I have
> installed redhat 9 in this configuration without
> problems.
>

> What am I doing wrong?
>

> Chris Mason

hello chris,
i had a similar problem with two scsi drives and ended
up rebooting into rescue mode and installing and
configuring lilo.  machine comes up with no problems
at all now.  remember to run the lilo command after
configuring.

hth,
brett