[CentOS] Apache, MySQL, and PHP

Wed Apr 20 12:33:15 UTC 2005
David Amiel <davtmp at bubble.dyndns.org>

Hello,

We use Centos 3.4 on our servers and some of our clients ask for specific
versions of php & mysql. But the centos packages are quite old (Mysql 3.X
& php 4.3.2), for mysql it's not a real problem because rpm provided by
mysql website work fine, but for php it's another story. For instant we
are using FC3 src.rpm and rebuild them but it takes quite a long time
because php have lots of dependencies.

I know the aim of centos is to provide stable & well tested packages which
implies but are there some (reliable) repositories out there which have
updated packages ?

one solution could be upgrading to centos 4 but for instant I don't trust
kernel 2.6 in production environment.

regards,

David