[CentOS] CentOS 4 and Intel P4 without Hyper-Threading vs. IntelP4 with Hyper-Threading

Wed Apr 20 16:26:36 UTC 2005
Peter Farrow <peter at farrows.org>

A hyper threaded processor is only a single core CPU.

Its more marketing than performance, however you might as well run an
SMP kernel on it just 'cause you can ;-)

When you upgrade to your twin Core Opterons, now that would be a good
machine to run an SMP kernel on

P.