[CentOS] CentOS 3.3 is gone

Fri Apr 22 01:54:02 UTC 2005
Lance Davis <lance at uklinux.net>

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, John Newbigin wrote:

> Now I can point my yum config at the 3 updates directory (which I have
> mirrored locally) but there are required patches which are not in there!
>
> I know that the patches are in 3.4 base but I don't want to download
> that.  All I want is the changes from 3.3 to 3.4.  If these were in the
> 3 updates then I would be fine.... but they are not :(

Well a repo that contains just the modified files in base between the
versions is possible - but there would be a lot of files - iirc about 150
from 3.3 - 3.4 and 90 from 3.4 -> 3.5, and of course all the big files are
there - kernel, openoffice, glibc etc

Maybe it would not need to have the ones that have been 3.3 updates ??

But it could easily be produced if it is of general interest - and could
be done with hardlinks so as not to take any mirror space.

Lance

--
uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.