[CentOS] NFS insanity

Tue Apr 26 00:06:13 UTC 2005
Sean O'Connell <oconnell at soe.ucsd.edu>

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 20:02 -0400, Mark Weaver wrote:
> Paul Heinlein wrote:
> > On 04/25/2005 03:22 AM, Mark Weaver wrote:
> >
> >> yeah... there's something strange going on with the server because the
> >> share can't be mounted from any other machine either.
> >

> > Is there anything in /etc/hosts.{allow,deny} that would block traffic to
> > the portmap on the server?
> >

> not a thing. I've checked everywhere I can think of. The really strange
> thing is that apart from the /etc/exports file there doesn't appear to
> be ANY config files for NFS. That is just plain weird.
>
> No Firewall
> No SELinux
> No Hosts Deny entries
>
> Its as if it just decided it didn't want to work any more - it had been
> working flawlessly for many months.

Silly question, but are portmapper, mountd, lockd running? Has the
machine been rebooted recently (I have *never* forgotten to do a
chckonfig foo on .. after doing a service foo start and having it run,
only to be unpleasantly surprised on a reboot). Have you restarted the
nfsd service?

Does rpcinfo -p server return sane results?

--
Sean