[CentOS] Firefox question

Tue Apr 26 00:44:00 UTC 2005
Greg Knaddison <greg.knaddison at gmail.com>

On 4/23/05, Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just curious.
>
> I've noticed with the 1.0.3 release (and almost every recent dot
> release) Firefox becomes unstable until you preserve your bookmarks
> and blow away the .mozilla/firefox directory.
>
> Has anyone heard whether the mozilla developers ever intend to fix
> this behavior?

You're likely to have better luck with a post to one of the forums in:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php

I haven't kept up with the forums and such since 1.0.  I know that
this was frequently a problem with particular extensions - are you
running any?

The beauty of extensions is that they provide functionality without
the maintainer having to write/review everything.  The drawback is
that you get little/no QA and QA will more frequently catch problems
with upgrades that might not get caught by the old "release and pray"
system that some extension developers seem to follow.

Greg