[CentOS] Jabberd and Centos 3.4

Tue Apr 26 15:33:07 UTC 2005
Aaron Havens <havensa at nsuok.edu>

Aaron Havens wrote:

>I am trying to setup a local Jabberd server for our members of our IT
>department to use. I downloaded the source for 2.0s8 from the jabbered
>site. When i run ./configure I receive the following error:
>
>"configure: error: Libidn >= 0.3.0 not found"
>
>I went out to dag and downloaded and installed the
>libidn-0.4.6-1.1.el3.dag rpm. When i ran ./configure again it failed
>again. After a little searching on Google I found the following article:
>
>http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/jadmin/2004-June/016435.html
>
>Following its advice I rand ./configure
>--with-extra-library-path=/usr/lib/libidn.so.11. However it still fails.
>Anyone have any ideas? I don't know anything about libidn, is 0.4.6
>incompatible with versions needing 0.3.0?
>
>Thanks,

I just found another page that helped me out a little more:

http://www.10500bc.org/twiki/bin/view.cgi/Main/InstallingJabberdOnOSX

Using its examples I ended up getting it to configure with the following
command line:

./configure --enable-idn=/usr/bin/idn --enable-ssl=/usr/bin/openssl
-enable-mysql=/usr/bin/mysql

It seems to have worked and it compiled cleanly now to just get this
thing setup.

--
Aaron Havens
Network Technician