[CentOS] Intel motherboard BOXD915GAVL very slow with centos 4

Thu Apr 28 12:52:18 UTC 2005
David Thompson <thomas at cs.wisc.edu>

Alexander Georgiev wrote:

>Hi,
>
>could you describe, what performance issues you had with 915?
>
>I got a 915, which I think is ... perhaps a bit slow. One would expect
>a 2.8PIV with 1GB RAM to be snapier(I am talking about the UI) than
>what we are
>experiencing. Especially eclipse-GTK is very slow.

<shout>
DON'T SEND HTML EMAIL!!  I DON'T WANT TO CLEAN UP YOUR STINKKKINK HTML
DROPPINGS!!
</shout>

The 915-based systems with old firmware take forever to do anything.  For
example, on our systems, it was taking the installer several minutes from boot
to get the first window of the text installer on a 3+GHz CPU.

If there's any question, you're probably OK.  Or, put another way, if you're
not sure, apply the update and see if it makes things better.

Dave