[CentOS] CentOS 4 install problems

Fri Apr 29 09:00:48 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 08:02 +0200, Pascal Van Puymbroeck wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Has anyone experienced install problems with CentOS 4.  More precisely
> anaconda crashing with some remarks regarding python scripts.  The funny
> thing is the first installation went well.  It's the re-install that
> fails.  Although I completely changed partitioning and reformatted the
> drive.  I had the same problem with fedora core 3 some time ago.  To me
> it looks as if it's something to do with the anaconda version that comes
> together with the 2.6 kernel.

I had a similar problem when using RHEL-4 on a ppc install.  When I
changed from an normal install on standard partitions to using LVM2 and
resizing some partitions and not others, it keep crashing.

Since I was reinstalling and erasing the old install anyway, I ended up
fixing the partitions manually in fdisk prior to entering disk druid in
order to get it to work the way I wanted.

I looks like the LVM and RAID sections of the anaconda install still
need a little work :)