[CentOS] Booting CentOS with LILO?

Fri Apr 29 16:40:27 UTC 2005
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic at pbl.ca>

Juan Pablo Espino wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I would like to know if is possible to use LILO as the boot loader
> instead of the default GRUB. My question comes because I tried to run
> lilo command but the message "command not found" appear.  It sounds
> like my only boot loader option in CentOS is GRUB ¿?.
>
> I found lilo.conf.anaconda, but not the lilo command.  From already
> thanks.  Regards,

LILO is not installed by default.  It's on one of the CDs, just install
the lilo RPM package, create lilo.conf, run /sbin/lilo, and you are set.

I think it is not possible anymore to select LILO in installation GUI (I
might be wrong, haven't done GUI installs for a long time), so if that
is the way you install the system, you'd always get Grub.  However, if
you are performing kickstart installation, you can specify that you want
LILO in ks.cfg file (bootloader --location=mbr --useLilo).