[CentOS] rebuilding anaconda for centos 4.0

Fri Apr 29 21:21:00 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 09:01 -0500, David Thompson wrote:
> Continuing the thread, if there's anyone out there who has successfully
> completed an anaconda rebuild (buildinstall & genhdlist), please let me know
> that it can be done, either privately or to the list.  Having solved the
> kernel/loopback mount problem, I now have an anaconda that whose installer
> process dies at the point where it tries to install the first RPM.
>
> I have diffed the contents of the various file system images against the stock
> images, and I see nothing that would indicate a problem.
>
> Again, any information, hacks, or debugging tips are very much appreciated.

David, I rebuild with the included anaconda every respin :)

Here is the latest and greatest build script I used for making a 4.1Beta
set of ISOs.

http://centos.hughesjr.com/testing/build.sh

Here is my current i386 rpmmacros:

http://centos.hughesjr.com/testing/rpmmacros

obviously, you will need to edit the paths and such ... build.sh needs
to be run as root (really, the only part that has to be done as root is
the buildinstall) ... and all the rpmmacros need to be set for root too.
It will give you the programs and switches and order that are run for
the main ISOs though