[CentOS] Recompiling the kernel [was]: Netatalk ???

Mon Apr 4 20:47:27 UTC 2005
Steve Huff <shuff at vecna.org>

On Apr 4, 2005, at 4:25 PM, Mário Gamito wrote:

> What's the best way to recompile the currrent kernel to support
> netatalk ?
>
> 1 - make menuconfig && make dep && make bzimage && make modules &&
> make modules_install && make install ?
>
> 2 - Hack the kernel SRPM and rpm -Uvh it ?

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/sysadmin-
guide/ch-custom-kernel.html

however, this version is for RHEL3 (and actually it first appeared in
the manuals for 7.x, and hasn't been much updated, but it's still a
reasonably good documentation of the Red Hat Way to recompile a
kernel).

there does not seem to be an equivalent doc in the RHEL4 manuals, and
the files referenced in the RHEL3 doc aren't in the same places (or
aren't there at all), so i don't know how helpful this will be.

-steve

---
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v