[CentOS] CentOS-3 glut

John Newbigin jnewbigin at ict.swin.edu.au
Mon Aug 1 04:37:09 UTC 2005

Jim Perrin wrote:

> On 7/31/05, John Newbigin <jnewbigin at ict.swin.edu.au> wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know where I can get glut.h and associated libraries for
>>CentOS-3?
>>

> It's part of the freeglut-devel rpm. You can use yum to ask questions
> like these. 'yum provides glut.h' or if you know the full path of the
> file you're asking 'yum provides /usr/include/GL/glut.h'
I am pretty sure that freeglut is part of CentOS-4 but not CentOS-3.

I have a number of libraries already but they come from
XFree86-Mesa-libGL and XFree86-Mesa-libGLU.

On CentOS-2 the stuff I am looking for is all in Mesa and Mesa-devel.

yum does not turn up any results but I am hoping that I was just looking
in the wrong place.

John.