[CentOS] Gnome Logouts -- are very slow or they hang -- 2nd post

Mon Aug 1 10:21:51 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-31 at 20:24 -0700, BRUCE STANLEY wrote:

> --- Sudev Barar <sbarar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 7/31/05, BRUCE STANLEY <bruce.stanley at prodigy.net> wrote:
> > > When ever I try to logout of a Gnome session,
> > > it seems to hang but if I wait about 4-5 minutes it
> > > will usually logout, although I have had it hang
> > > a couple of times (never logs out).
> >
> > Had similar problems in FC3 and the culprit seemed to be rhn-applet.
> > Solved it by doing:
> > #rpm -e rhn-applet
> >

> Hi Sudev!
> What exactly is the purpose of 'rhn-applet' ?

rhn-applet is the little check-mark (or exclamation point) beside the
date that tells you whether you need updates.  It usually works OK, but
can hang up.

I use it on all my installs without any issues, but there have been
problems with it on all platforms in the past (on RH like OSs).  To be
honest, I don't usually log out unless I am rebooting after a new kernel
install on any of my machines :) ... but I don't have any issues that I
can see.

--
Johnny Hughes