[CentOS] KDE as default, and looking up CentOS on the web.

Tue Aug 2 01:33:08 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 09:53 +0900, Dave Gutteridge wrote:
> Using switchdesk has worked in getting KDE as my default. Thanks for
> suggesting that.
>

> >CentOS is a rebuild of rhel source ... everything you find for rhel is
> >almost always relavent to CentOS (rhel3 for centos3, rhel4 for centos-4,
> >rhel2.1 for CentOS-2.1. etc.)
> >

> The relationship between CentOS and Red Hat is something I can grasp. It
> just seems kind of odd to me that no one has any web sites up, or that
> there seem to be much, if any, discussion in linux forums about CentOS.
> Is it just because everyone switches Red Hat Enterprise in when they
> have an issue to discuss?
>
> Further, if CentOS is the that interchangeable with Red Hat Enterprise,
> why would anyone buy Red Hat Enterprise? Isn't RHE the one that Red Hat
> sells?

Dave ... there is no relationship between centos and rh ... they use GPL
software that requires them to release their source code.  We take that
source code, comply with their trademark restrictions, and build centos.

See this FAQ entry:

http://www.centos.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=13

And About CentOS:

http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=2