[CentOS] Can't find repository for centosplus [SOLVED]

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Tue Aug 2 03:23:20 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 09:47 +0900, Dave Gutteridge wrote:
> >OK .. .you have stuff repeated in yum.conf that doesn't need to be there...
> >

> Thanks! This worked perfectly.
> However, I'm curious. Why did having all those other listings of
> repositories cause the problem?

I suspect that yum stopped parsing /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo
when it encountered the entry that was duplicated in /etc/yum.conf.

> Before, when I was trying to install
> Xine, I ended up having to put all of them in there for it to work.

Should not have to put anything "extra" in /etc/yum.conf if you add the
appropriate *.repo files in /etc/yum.repos.d/ as is currently preferred;
although either approach should work as long as you are consistent and
avoid duplicate labels.  In earlier incarnations of yum there was
only /etc/yum.conf and no /etc/yum.repos.d/, so some instructions still
show repos being defined there, and some still prefer to follow the old
habits.

Phil