[CentOS] ReiserFS and CentOS

Karanbir Singh Mail-Lists at karan.org
Tue Aug 2 09:14:20 UTC 2005

Bjorn Andersenq wrote:
> Under install of RHEL or CentOS type;
>
> linux reiserfs
>
> And you will be able to install and format ReiserFS file system.
> BUT be aware, ReiserFS is not SELinux compatible.

I would be really surprised if this works, considering there is no
ReiserFS support in the -BOOT kernel.

You need to make changes in the anaconda code as well as rebuild the
install images in order to have reiserFS/ xfs etc avaialble at install time.

One option, that usually works well, is to have a small'ish install
partition for the OS, and post install build your data / storage volumes
with whatever filesystem you want, using the CentOSPlus kernel on
CentOS4, or the kernel-unsuported on CentOS3.

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh   : http://www.karan.org/
GnuPG Public Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc