[CentOS] Adaptec 2230SLP not detected

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu

m3freak at rogers.com
Tue Aug 2 16:10:35 UTC 2005

[I originally sent this using the wrong email address - apologies if it
appears twice]

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone tried installing CentOS 4 x86_64 on a machine with an Adaptec
2230SLP card?  I've just tried it, and Anaconda could not detect the
card.

I've manually loaded the aacraid driver, which then starts the install
process.  But, when the install gets to disk partitioning, the installer
reports that no drives were detected, and aborts.

I was quite confident that the 2230SLP would be supported in CentOS 4,
especially since I've seen the card mentioned being used in RHEL 3
boxes.

I'm about to give the drivers from the Adaptec site a try.  If there's
another solution I'm missing, I'd appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,

Ranbir
--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu