[CentOS] bash file direct execution

Robert Hanson roberth at abbacomm.net
Tue Aug 2 16:47:59 UTC 2005

} Hello all.
} To continue with the problem I am facing, I have some news..
} When I delete the line #!/bin/sh then the script works perfectly. When I
} put it again then the problem occurs again.
} So the script just containing 'echo test' just works fine, but the script:
} #!/bin/sh
} echo test
} doesn't work (except when put in the /root directory) ... and this is true
} for all other scripts.
} So the question is: does anybody know what program is in charge of parsing
} that '#!/bin/sh' information, which apparently makes an error in the
} parsing ?
} Is there any linux guru that would know of it ?
} Daniel

greetings,

may i ask what text editor you use? vi? pico? other?

 - rh

--
Robert Hanson
Abba Communications