[CentOS] Re: Conflict between mouse and tablet [SOLVED]

Dave Gutteridge dave at tokyocomedy.com
Wed Aug 3 03:27:18 UTC 2005

Hey! It works!

I was just going to test out this restarting X thing that was suggested,
so I casually edited xorg.conf (I commented out the mouse settings and
made my tablet my "core pointer"). I just wanted to try editing the conf
file so when I restarted X I could see if there was any difference. In
fact, I was totally expecting X to crash, as I did something similar to
what I did before and X wouldn't start. That way I'd know the edited
xorg.conf file was being loaded when I restarted X.

But somehow I did it right this time. My tablet now works perfectly as
my primary pointing device! The buttons are mapped, it's in the right
mode, and the settings I give it take effect.

Huh. Got lucky on that one.

Thanks for the help!

Dave