[CentOS] 3Ware Escalade 9500S mature enough yet for CentOS?

Shawn M. Jones smj at littleprojects.org
Wed Aug 3 14:00:09 UTC 2005

Robert Hanson wrote:

>greetings,
>
>the subject says it all right? ;->
>
>naw......
>
>is the 3ware Escalade 9500S series mature enough yet for CentOS?

Initially, I had some problems with it locking up while running with a
specific motherboard chipset. Once I switched to an Intel board, I've
had no problems. That predated my use of CentOS, so CentOS 4 has always
supported the card fine for me.

I use the 3w-9xxx driver that comes with CentOS. Anaconda picked it up
during install and I've been good to go ever since.

You should know that I'm only using it for 1) disk mirroring and 2)
software RAID. So, your mileage will vary greatly. In this sense I'm
using it more as a set of add-on SATA ports moreso than for its built in
RAID capabilities.

Hope this helps,

--Shawn