[CentOS] Re: Upgrade RedHat 9 to Fedora

Ugo Bellavance ugob at camo-route.com
Wed Aug 3 14:26:06 UTC 2005

sudo Yang wrote:
> What would be the easiest way to upgrade 2000 servers from RedHat 9 to
> Fedora or RedHat Enterprise/CentOS?  Also, 1/2 of these systems have 1
> TB data partition that cannot be destroyed.
>
> Would an upgrade option work via Kickstart?

Wow, are you working for Google? :).

You should tell us about applications that run on it.
Is a backup of the 1 TB partition possible?
Is downtime possible for 1 server at the time?

I would recommend against fedora and tell you to go with CentOS (and
maybe send a little donation/offer mirror).  You'll thank yourself for
the long life of updates and stability.

--
Ugo

irrelevant parts in your replies.