[CentOS] What's the Linux equivelant of an exe file?

William A. Mahaffey III wam at HiWAAY.net
Thu Aug 4 17:47:06 UTC 2005

Dave Gutteridge wrote:

>> Dave, there is an article on the Internet that you must read.
>> Here is the link:
>> http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm
>>

> Thank you for the article. However, I think you have missed my point.
> I am not looking for Linux to be like Windows. Nor am I advocating any
> approach that Windows does, or in favour of making any changes to make
> Linux in any way like Windows.
>
> All I am saying is that I am an ex-Windows user who is trying to find
> points of references so that I can understand how Linux works.
> Actually, a long time ago I used to work regularly on an Irix system,
> and Mac comes in and out of my life depending on my job. But as I've
> been a regular user of Windows since, well, since there was Windows, I
> can't help the fact that is has significantly shaped my perception of
> how computers work in general.

Ahhhh !!!! Just harken back to (glorious, IMHO) IRIX, & you should be
off to the races. Many common Linux command line commands are named for
their IRIX equivalents, so the familiarity should return quickly.

<snip>

--
	William A. Mahaffey III