[CentOS] Is this message from YUM a bad thing?

Dave Gutteridge

dave at tokyocomedy.com
Fri Aug 5 08:31:59 UTC 2005

I was doing a YUM update, and it found about 70 packages to download and
install.

While installing, this message popped up a couple of times:
/sbin/ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libk3bdevice.so.2.0.0.#prelink#.X8kEMh is
empty, not checked.

And then after about three or four times of saying that, the YUM update
stopped without finishing. So I started it again, and it picked up where
it left off, so I figured it was no big deal. Then, about mid way
through, it did it again.

I went through this process a couple more times, and eventually it
updated all the packages.

But what does it mean, and is it significant? Should I care?

Dave