[CentOS] sendmail refusing incoming connections from outside

dan1

dan1 at edenpics.com
Fri Aug 5 11:15:27 UTC 2005

Hello.

I am scratching my head about sendmail for a simple thing:

I have a CentOS 4 box on which I would like to receive e-mails.
when I type 'telnet localhost 25' I can connect successfully to the sendmail
service.
Now if I type: 'telnet 192.168.0.30 25' on the same host the connection is
refused.
It also refuses connections from another host.

I have edited the /etc/mail/access file and added:
192.168        OK
But this doesn't help after a restart.

Does somebody know why the connection is refused ? I can see that behaviour
on several CentOS box I have so it seems to be the new default. What
parameter should I change to make it be accepted ?

Thank you,
Daniel