[CentOS] Re: remove RPMs with cyclic dependancies.

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 14:34:58 UTC 2005

On 8/5/05, Dave Gutteridge <dave at tokyocomedy.com> wrote:
> I'm pretty sure I tried that, but there's always the chance that I
> messed up the syntax somehow. Next time I'll pay more attention to the
> steps I take to see if it's possible to remove a package using yum the
> way you say. I mean, I believe you, but I was pretty sure I was
> following the proper procedures and it didn't fly for some reason. No
> way to tell this time round, though.

Yeah, yum just uses the rpmlib bindings and gets access to the rpmdb
so packages "manually" installed via rpm should still be available for
info, list, remove etc. types of commands inside of yum.  I second the
recommendations given already to
yum list installed | grep -i openoffice

That will give you the _exact_ name of the package so that then you
are absolutely sure that you are telling yum to remove the right
thing.

Regards,
Greg