[CentOS] OT: cheap DVD-RAM media?

Aleksandar Milivojevic

alex at milivojevic.org
Fri Aug 5 14:39:48 UTC 2005

A bit off-topic.  Not a question on how to get it working, but rather question
about an practical issue after you get it to work ;-)

I got a DVD burner that supports DVD-RAM (in addition to standard DVD+R/-R).  I
really liked "use it just like hard disk" properties of DVD-RAM, and according
to some sources I found, the media itself is more resistant to ageing than
standard DVD+R/-R.  Great for archiving my data.  But the media seems to be
quite expensive.  I guess mostly because all the places I found were selling it
in most expensive option: as single disc in a nice (and useless) case.  Haven't
found a single place that sells them on spindle.  At the end, I ended up buying
a 3-pack, with each media in bulky movie-type case (what a waste of space).

Does anybody know of any place that sells DVD-RAM media cheap (in bulk, on
spindle)?

Thanks,
Aleksandar Milivojevic