[CentOS] Re: Generating xorg.config -- varying "nv" driver supportbetween versions

David Evennou (Data Masters) de at data-masters.com
Fri Aug 5 15:19:45 UTC 2005

Hi Bryan,

I have the FX5200-TD128 card.

My system is up now after I ran "system-config-display" in runlevel 3. (thanks Matt!)

I find it interesting that the difference in the new xorg.config file is:

old
SECTION "ServerLayout"
                   Identifier    "Default Layout"
new
SECTION "ServerLayout"
                   Identifier    "single head configuration"

The "Device" SECTION still has (generic) for the GeForce FX BoardName.

Thanks for your help!

David