[CentOS] making a route sticky

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 22:18:10 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 16:09, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:

> Well, after some debugging, the problem seems to be that Netfilter is not
> placing returning packets into establieshed state for direct connections
> between VPN gateways (public addresses, those that should not go through GRE
> tunnel, just IPSec encrypted).  If I use private interface addresses of VPN
> gateways (so that packets go through GRE tunnel, and then IPSec), things seem
> to work OK.  However, I still need to do some additional testing.
>
> Have you seen something like that before?

One thing I've seen before is that if you have made an ip_conntrack
entry for a connection before adding the route into the tunnel
(e.g. a packet has already gone out the default route) the
entry doesn't go away when you change the route. If there
was NAT associated with the other interface, when the route
changes, the nat entry stays and the packet goes over the
private link but is source-natted to the other interface address
and won't work.  Does it make a difference if you connect to
something that had not been connected before changing the
route?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com