[CentOS] Bandwidth limiting

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Mon Aug 8 17:22:48 UTC 2005

Kenneth Kalmer wrote:

>>        Really?  I couldn't find it in the yum repos.
>
> Yes really, see below...
[...]
> It's not a package on it's own. It's in the iproute2 package, for more
> information see the following man pages: tc(8), tc-cbq(8), tc-htb(8),
> tc-sfq(8), tc-red(8), tc-tbf(8), tc-pfifo(8), tc-bfifo(8),
> tc-pfifo_fast(8), tc-filters(8)

	Ah, yes.  I found it.

> I've never used shapecfg, but I can assume that it's only a utility
> for setting up CBQ-based traffic shaping... cbq.init and htb.init will
> do the same...

	Yes, shapecfg was just a pre-organized (if there is such a thing) setup
for cbq.

>>        Ok, thanks.  I'm off to freshmeat.
>
> Save the butchery for later, goto

	Heh, already tried.  Couldn't find much of anything other than LARTC
and a no longer valid link for a cbq gui tool.

> http://sourceforge.net/projects/htbinit/
> http://luxik.cdi.cz/~devik/qos/htb/ (very technical, but intersting)
> http://lartc.org/howto (a definite must!!!)

	Much thanks again.  Initial glance looks like htb will be much easier
to deal with than cbq.

>>        Again, thanks.
>
> Always a pleasure to help some bandwidth get into shape

	I'm a more-or-less official mirror for a few Linux distros, including
fedora.  I'm sure that a few people will be happy if/when I get ftp back up.

--
My Useless Vanity Page - http://www.webtrek.com/joe
See my blog, sumo game ranks and other useless junk