Bind Caching Nameserver <was: Re: [CentOS] Caching nameserver--Name Services Cache Daemon (nscd)>

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 18:20:05 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 13:05, Feizhou wrote:

> With djbdns, you can just install and run walldns and
> forward/split-horizon queries for 0.168.192.in-addra.arpa to the walldns
> instance if you don't need names. or you install tinydns if you want names.

I have no idea what any of that means.  It doesn't sound easier
than using the stock packages which also 'just work' when you
add the names and addresses that no other server knows.  It does
help to have a tool to build the reverse zones for you but webmin
is probably the way to go if you don't want to do it by hand.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com