[CentOS] CentOS 4 HTTPD strange dependencies problem

John Newbigin jnewbigin at ict.swin.edu.au
Thu Aug 11 05:57:44 UTC 2005

Johnny Hughes wrote:

> Wrong or Right is not relevant
It may not be wrong, but I think is is not good... or at least, it could
be better.

> it is what it is
>
> CentOS has been doing things the same way since it's inception ...
CentOS-3 & CentOS-4 do this.
CentOS-2 & RedHat just keep putting updates in the updates.  It does not
matter what you install from, all updates is always completely up to date.

I would like to see CentOS 3 & 4 change to the CentOS-2/RedHat approach.
I have gathered some thoughts on this and related issues here:
http://www.byteclub.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manage_RPM_based_updates

John.