[CentOS] Firefox and Java on CentOS 4.1

John Logsdon

j.logsdon at quantex-research.com
Fri Aug 12 04:29:27 UTC 2005

I need to run a Java-enabled Firefox on my CentOS4.1-powered laptop and it
*was* running fine.  Then yesterday I up2date'd the box and Firefox went
from 1.0.4 to 1.0.6.  And I lost Java.

I can't seem to re-install it, whether from the original (1.5.0 I think it
was) or the latest downloads.

This is crucially important as I need to access my Dell RAC.

Can anyone advise how to get Java back.  At the moment, I have had to
reboot my laptop into Redmond-ware :-(((

TIA

John

John Logsdon                               "Try to make things as simple
Quantex Research Ltd, Manchester UK         as possible but not simpler"
j.logsdon at quantex-research.com              a.einstein at relativity.org
+44(0)161 445 4951/G:+44(0)7717758675       www.quantex-research.com