[CentOS] CentOS4 and older megaraid

William wlist-centos at kimballstuff.com
Sun Aug 14 01:51:31 UTC 2005

Craig White wrote:
> Release notes say no support for the RAID card in a box I just picked
> up...is there no hope for this box running 2.6 kernel?

You are one of many trying to get RHEL4/CentOS4/FC3+ onto machines with
this RAID controller breed.  I am one of several people attempting to
produce a viable driver disk that will enable us to install onto these
machines.  Unfortunately, this is my first-ever attempt at doing so, and
I am met only with challenges and brick-walls.

I am happy to share with you everything I have learned in this effort,
although my solution doesn't yet work.  I wish I had better news, but it
seems that those who know how to make this work aren't interested in
sharing a solid, complete, working solution with everyone else on a "for
newbies to kernel drivers" level.

When I actually get this to work, I assure you that I will publish the
full procedure.