[CentOS] redirect crond(pam_unix) syslog messages

scott.list

scott.list at mlec.net
Mon Aug 15 13:13:22 UTC 2005

Hi guys:

I could only find one answer for this topic via google, and the poster
wasnt' sure if he was breaking something with his "fix".

I there a way to redirect the cron session messages from syslog to a
different log?

i.e.:
Aug 15 01:03:01 tn1 crond(pam_unix)[29303]: session opened for user
root by (uid=0)
Aug 15 01:03:07 tn1 crond(pam_unix)[29303]: session closed for user
root

I tried cron.none and crond.none (and the correspondine lines to put
those in their own file) in syslog.conf but neither redirected.

The other guys solution was:
=====
I disabled the session line in /etc/pam.d/crond
this line : session required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_stack.so
service=system-auth
to this line : #session required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_stack.so
service=system-auth
=====

But I'm not real comfortable with that.

Anyone know?