[CentOS] Using YUM - [OT] SmartPM for i386 pollination of x86-64

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Mon Aug 15 23:14:52 UTC 2005

DISCLAIMER:  Off-topic, useless to CentOS, killfile me, etc...

On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 17:20 +0000, duffmckagan wrote:
> Thanks for the link Craig.
> That is really cool.  :)

SmartPM's resolution logic is working extremely well in my recent
testing, and seems more advanced than APT's pinning.  Based on the prior
Firefox.i386 thread for using i386 plug-ins and libraries, I'm going to
come up with a configuration to "pin" select i386 on x86-64.

I'll start with Fedora Core/Extras/Livna.ORG and then more onto
CentOS/Plus/Extras/DAG, which should be similar in packages.  At least
they have been so far (I just had my FC3 box in front me at the time).

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com