[CentOS] Re: CentOS 4.1 x86_64 compiler segfaults -- [OT] JEDEC DDR400 specifications

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Tue Aug 16 12:45:19 UTC 2005

DISCLAIMER:  Off-topic, useless to CentOS, killfile me, etc...

On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 11:23 +0300, Pasi Pirhonen wrote:
> ... I for example have to reduce timing on one dual-core Athlon64 from
> 1T to 2T or the box isn't stable even with lowered (manually) DDR-
> speeds. Not even with BH-5 chips ...
> The mobo here is DFI LanParty (something PCI-E) which has been happy
> with 4x512MB dual-sided DDR-400 (should be reduced to 333 tho) after
> diabling the 1T timings.

Yes, you should either reduce your synchronous timings to DDR333
(PC2700) or reduce the number of DIMMs to 1 per channel (2 total).

JEDEC specifications only allow for 1 DIMM per DDR400 (PC3200) channel,
or 2 DIMMs per DDR333/DDR266 (PC2700/PC2100) channel.

The only exception is if you use registered DIMMs, which allows twice as
many to be used.

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com