[CentOS] Are these steps for re-installing Gnome correct/safe?

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Wed Aug 17 15:42:43 UTC 2005

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 12:40:22AM +0900, Dave Gutteridge enlightened us:
> >Try running 'rpm -Va' to find out what on your system has changed from
> >the default somehow.
> >
> This produced a zillion results which scrolled of the screen and I
> couldn't scroll back to see them all. What do I do with the results of
> this command?

rpm -Va > output.txt

That should redirect all that output to the output.txt file which you can
then open up and examine. The output of that command should tell you every
file who's contents changed from the initial installation. That might give
you a clue where to look for your Gnome settings.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics