[CentOS] Are these steps for re-installing Gnome correct/safe?

Dave Gutteridge dave at tokyocomedy.com
Wed Aug 17 16:48:02 UTC 2005

Perhaps I am not using the terms correctly then. By "return to default",
what I mean is that the menu options that were available when I first
installed CentOS be returned to the menu, the desktop theme be reset to
the original, and the icons as well.

I'm not sure I understand how my current desktop can be considered to
have successfully returned to it's "original" settings if it looks like
the mess it's in after I've spent the last few weeks experimenting in
installing themes.

Further, I discovered that a new problem has emerged. Every time I log
out, before the log in screen comes up I get an error saying that the
"current program can not be loaded. I will attempt to load another. I
hit "Okay" (the only option), and it might do that a couple of times.
And then eventually I get a log in screen. I tried using "switchdesk" to
set the default login to Gnome, but that does not make this error
message go away.

Dave