[CentOS] Re: Contemplating Move -- FC2 works fine, consider CentOS4 next time

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Thu Aug 18 12:24:52 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 00:41 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Ok. Thanks. I'm not familiar with the history of Red Hat. But what
> you say makes sense in light of what I have experienced over
> on the FCx mail echo.

I apologize if I "overloaded" you.  I'm not going to do it anymore to
anyone, I'll just post links to the archives or the old FAQ I have.

> Umm, I think perhaps you missed the fact that the target system
> does not run Linux.

I didn't.  In fact, I'm glad to see someone else who has used GNU/Linux
to target other platforms.  [ Love to talk off-list sometime ]

> Couldn't this same argument be made for FC2? I've put myself on the
> Legacy update notification, and have used yum over a dozen times,
> but not downloaded one single fix.

Well, I've made my recommendation.  You're fine with your FC2 setup, tap
Legacy if you need to.  Consider CentOS 4 when you want to install
another development system.

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com