[CentOS] trying to recompile

Andrew Zahn azahn at hep.uchicago.edu
Sun Aug 21 02:05:52 UTC 2005

Jim Perrin wrote:

>>warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 443e1821
>>public key not available for qt-devel-3.3.3-9.3.i386.rpm
>>

>Matt had the answer for this error.
>

>>does anyone know what to do at this point?
>>

> Once you've done what he suggested, You should install the kernel
>from centosplus as it has XFS support built in. No need for you to
>build anything. You can do this with "yum --enablerepo centosplus
>install kernel"

Okay I got to this point above, and it worked great! I was able to mount
and use an xfs partition. I edited grub.conf to use the kernel entry below:

title CentOS (2.6.9-11.106.unsupported)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-11.106.unsupported ro root=/dev/hda2 rhgb
quiet
        initrd /initrd-2.6.9-11.106.unsupported.img

I am assuming this was the one that was installed via "yum --enablerepo
centosplus install kernel". However now I have lost my smp support :(.
On this system I have two processors and I run them hyperthreaded. How
can I enable smp support in this kernel?