[CentOS] Has anyone got dvd::rip to work in CentOS?

Ajay Sharma ssharma at revsharecorp.com
Mon Aug 22 04:13:13 UTC 2005

Dave Gutteridge wrote:

> Anyway, to keep this on focus with CentOS, if CentOS is designed more to
> be a "server", and "desktop questions" are beyond the scope of this
> list, then why did the installer offer me "personal use", "workstation",
> and other varieties of installation other than "server"?

I'm not making any claims as to what is "beyond the scope" of this list.
  If we're talking about CentOS and people running software on CentOS,
then it's fine by me.  I was merely making an observation about desktop
software, no more, no less.

And all I was saying:  From my personal experience, I believe that other
distros are better suited for desktop applications.  That's it.

Back to the technical discussion, sorry for the noise.

--Ajay