[CentOS] Has anyone got dvd::rip to work in CentOS?

Leonard Isham leonard.isham at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 12:19:06 UTC 2005

On 8/22/05, Dave Gutteridge <dave at tokyocomedy.com> wrote:

> >I wanted to point out the fact that one needs to remember that
> >installation makes up 0% of using Linux.
> >
> That's kind of like saying turning on the ignition is 0% of driving the car.
>
> It doesn't matter how smooth a ride it is if I can't get it started.

No it's the difference between a stock, factory installed, engine and
a new racing engine.

No one compares the engines and by starting out on how to install the engine.

On the other had if you never put a new engine in you need to
determine what it takes to install it.  The differences between
engines and between cars can make it quite a task.

At least the linux distros come with installers that know the basics,
and take basic commands to modify their installation.

So the analogy is correct that usability is not related to installation.

However a little FAQ that is distro neutral might be handy in the most
common installation failures fixes, like using "nodma."

--
Leonard Isham, CISSP
Ostendo non ostento