[CentOS] Re: Has anyone got dvd::rip to work in CentOS?

Dave Gutteridge dave at tokyocomedy.com
Mon Aug 22 12:51:34 UTC 2005

>Extremely poor analogy that is totally inapplicable.

This war of analogies is getting a little silly, but you're still not
convincing me.
No, one doesn't build the car every time they drive it. But they will
never drive it if it never got built.

You can say that "users" get a pre-built car every time or whatever, but
so what? I'm not "users" in general. I am a specific user who already
has a computer that I want to us. When it comes to Ubuntu, there were no
pre-built options available to me. The only way I can get Ubuntu on my
system is to use the install discs available from them (or from mirror
sites). They didn't work. I only have one computer, so what does it
matter if other computers or other users have pre-built options?

My only option in this instance is the Ubuntu installer. Which didn't work.

So my analogy, that a car that does not get built does not get driven is
perfectly applicable.... to me.

Dave