[CentOS] Why shouldn't I expect more of CentOS/Linux?

Timothy timothy at jupiter.stcl.edu
Mon Aug 22 14:17:19 UTC 2005

On Monday 22 August 2005 08:42 am, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Timothy wrote:
> > On Monday 22 August 2005 08:30 am, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> >>Wait a minute. Have you actually ever tried this on a CentOS4 machine ?
> >
> > I don't use the dag repositories via yum anymore.  The 'rf' packages have
> > too many issues.
>
> Issues Like what ?
segfaults mostly.  I used to use his repository almost exclusively.  Maybe
most of this is fixed now.  I would pull mostly multimedia apps (transcode,
avifile, ffmpeg, etc) and mozilla-plugins.  Sorry I can't really expand on
this because it has been a while.  I personally use slackware 10.1 on my i386
desktops now.