[CentOS] Why shouldn't I expect more of CentOS/Linux?

Timothy timothy at jupiter.stcl.edu
Mon Aug 22 17:10:20 UTC 2005

On Monday 22 August 2005 11:48 am, Lamar Owen wrote:
> On Monday 22 August 2005 10:17, Timothy wrote:
> > segfaults mostly.  I used to use his repository almost exclusively.
> > Maybe most of this is fixed now.  I would pull mostly multimedia apps
> > (transcode, avifile, ffmpeg, etc) and mozilla-plugins.  Sorry I can't
> > really expand on this because it has been a while.  I personally use
> > slackware 10.1 on my i386 desktops now.
>
> Then just exactly why are you giving advice on how to work with current
> CentOS, if you aren't using it?  This is crazy.
I use CentOS 3.5 on a dozen plus servers.  I love it.  Just because I use a
different distro on my personal desktops doesn't mean I haven't done exactly
what David is trying to do.  I wouldn't be on this list if I didn't think I
had something to offer back to the CentOS community.  I have CentOS 4.1
installed on one of my boss's desktops.  Anyone in my shop can install FC3,
FC4, CentOS3.5, CentOS4.1 and even cAos 2.1 from a YAM server along with
rsync'd updates, dag and atrpms repositories.