[CentOS] CentOS 4.1 yum update just hangs

Alan Hodgson ahodgson at simkin.ca
Mon Aug 22 17:18:14 UTC 2005

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 01:02:23PM -0400, Robin Mordasiewicz wrote:
> Are you running x86_64 ?
> Or is anyone here running x86_64 CentOS 4 and having success with yum
> update ?

I currently have 5 x86_64 CentOS 4 servers.  None have problems with yum or
rpm.  3 are dual-CPU.  All are Tyan S2881's.

I also installed it several times on various whitebox machines for testing and
for building packages before I bought those servers and never saw a problem
with yum or rpm.

--
"If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom;
and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more,