[CentOS] Why shouldn't I expect more of CentOS/Linux?

Mon Aug 22 18:15:55 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 20:00 +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:

> But oh so wrong. The disttags should have been you first clue and all you
> can do is make fun of them :) If even disttags can't make people see the
> light, then I don't know what can.

I actually agree with Dag here ... you really should not use packages
built for one distro on another one.

Dag has many packages that work with EL4, and we are building some that
he doesn't have in extras and centosplus.

We will take a look and see if we can get some kind of dvd ripper
working ... but please don't break a perfectly good enterprise level
system.  Security updates and package management are both very important
for long term stability of your linux distro.