[CentOS] Why shouldn't I expect more of CentOS/Linux?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Aug 22 18:36:22 UTC 2005

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, Timothy wrote:

> On Monday 22 August 2005 12:53 pm, Dag Wieers wrote:
>
> > So if you wonder if you pissed me off, yes you did :)
>
> I never intended to mislead or give ill-advised info.  I obviously owe you a
> personal apology.  I'm sorry!  I was only trying to help.  I failed
> miserably.

Don't be sorry. You haven't been the first, and certainly aren't going to
be the last. And most of what I vented here was not specifically about you
but my frustration with the general problem.

I often read about a problem that was not reported to me. People are very
good at fixing a problem for themselves but don't think about the bigger
picture.

If you fix it yourself, you've helped yourself. If you report it, you fix
it for everyone else. (including yourself the next time)

Don't take it too hard, if the message got through to other people, you've
actually helped the cause indirectly :)

Kind regards,